Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Vaca, short and sweet

We just returned from a fabulous trip to the beach with my parents, Kristina, Aunt Cathy, Uncle Chuck, Jule and Matt. We stayed in Stone Harbor, a really nice private beach off the NJ coast. It has been years since my family vacationed there and I forgot how much I loved it. Drew was really impressed with the it too compared to the Outer Banks and Virginia Beach. Sorry folks, as much as I love Nags Head, there is just something about Stone Harbor that is a bit more appealing- it's so adorable and family oriented.

We had a great time with the fam on the beach, cooked awesome dinners and watched Michael Phelps dominate the Olympics at night. We were able to celebrate mom and dad's 30th anniversary as well as Kristina's 23rd birthday at the beach which was fun. We also enjoyed a fabulous dinner at the Backyard Restaurant (where we sat outside under twinkle lights) and of course the wonderful PeaceAPizza. Highlights of the trip include: teaching the fam cornhole on the beach and beating Drew as usual, Drew challenging me to a game of mini golf (he won so I had to buy him ice cream but I got a hole in one so he bought me earrings...only fair, right?), playing apples to apples w the fam and of course each time Michael Phelps won a gold medal.

My only complaint about the trip is that it was too short! Next year we are going for longer.

Here are some pics:

Mom and dad cutting their cake.


The Mascelli's


Mini golf


Kristina's bday

No comments:

Subscribe Now: standard

 Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner