Sunday, January 27, 2008

We Are Finally Back!

After about a month hiatus, Drew and I are back to blogging. So many friends and family members have told us they enjoy checking the blog so we'll keep it up as long as we can. We hope this finds everybody happy and healthy thus far in 2008. Our first bit of good news is that Drew is so close to getting his masters that he can practically taste it (he is currently taking his very last class). The five year part-time program in engineering management has been pretty grueling but it will all be worth it come May. Our other news is that I am applying to begin a masters program at VCU this summer. It's an M.S. degree in strategic public relations and hopefully this will be a perfect next step in my career. The program is accelerated so I will finish in one year, which culminates with a brief 3 week study abroad in China next summer. So, school is pretty much ruling our lives right now. Oh, and Gia of course, who continues to get cuter and sillier every day.

A quick update about our Christmas holiday....Drew and I spent a wonderfully relaxing 5 days in the northern neck with the Christopher and Norris side of the family. Mom and Dad C truly outdid themselves this year when it came to Santa which Drew and I of course loved every second of. We recieved so many beautiful gifts which we are so appreciative of and love. We both agree that we're so lucky to be able to go home to our parents and feel like kids for a few days before coming back to the reality of a house, jobs, school, etc. I especially loved cooking with Momma J and learning her famous recipes such as crab dip, scalloped potatoes, deviled eggs, artichoke dip, crab balls, fried oysters, and so much more. We attended Christmas Eve church at Kilmarnock Baptist (with Grandma and Grandad Chris), after which I dragged Ryan to look at Christmas lights (a Mascelli Christmas tradition). The following day we feasted on all of Momma J's treats at her family Christmas gathering. I also want to add that Drew and I visited the new Kilmarnock Walmart 3 times while we were in the NNK and although I have never been a fan of Walmart, I have to admit that this one was much nicer than any I have ever been to. Plus, it had yarn so I got lots of knitting done. Lastly, Gia also loved her time in the NNK and especially the chicken mac and cheese and countless treats she got from grandma.

A few pounds heavier, Drew and I made our way up to Northern Virginia the Wed after Christmas to exchange presents and have another holiday feast with mom and dad. Not that I had any room in my stomach after the NNK, but i managed to devour multiple plates of the homemade ravioli's that my grandmother taught my sister to make over Christmas and they truly melt in your mouth. Heaven on a plate. That was in addition to all of the yummy food mom made of course. Highlight of the night was when Kristina and I exchanged gifts only to find out that we bought each other the same exact coat from Anthropology which everyone got a kick out of including us. Great minds think alike. Drew and I were also delighted to receive a GPS from mom and dad so we never have to get lost in Richmond again. Drew and I were excited to give one particular gift which was pics we matted and frammed from our trip to Italy. We are planning on doing the same for our home. It was great to spend a belated Christmas with mom, dad and Kris, and kudos to mom for keeping the Christmas spirit going well after the holiday just for us.

Mom, dad, Drew and I went to see Charlie Wilson's war the following day and all of us agreed it was great- go see it! Thursday evening was spent at the Klapmust's home in Arlington, exchanging gifts and eatingThai food. I will get a before and after picture from Mary to post of their home- they have completely renovated it and have done such a wonderful job that it will hopefully inspire Drew and I to get moving on our own. Seriously though, it looks great.

On Friday mom, Drew and I headed up to Johnstown, guided by the GPS, for the final leg of the Christopher's Christmas tour to spend a belated Christmas with the Lenzi side of the family. Dad and Kris met us later that evening. Drew and I stayed at Uncle Danny and Aunt Joey's much to Morgan and Mason's delight. I had a wonderful time coloring and playing with Morgan and Gia and Mason loved chasing each other and stealing raw hides. Uncle Danny, Aunt Joey, Michael, Morgan, Madalyn, her boyfriend Corbin, Drew and I, spent Friday evening at a bar owned by Aunt Joey's brother. Grandma, Aunt Darlene, mom, Aunt Sue, Uncle Rick, Lauren, Emily and Aimee met us there and we had a great time hanging out. A young guy even bought mom a glass of wine so we spent the evening teasing her about that and then of course telling dad when he arrived, which of course got a chuckle out of him. It was great just spending time with everyone. The following day brought a holiday party at Uncle Danny and Aunt Joey's which I would say was the equivalent to a Thanksgiving dinner. It was sooooooo yum and the whole Lenzi clan, minus Ryan (who had to work), was in tow to exchange gifts and watch Steeler football.

The Christopher Christmas tour officially ended the day before New Years Eve as we arrived home to a very attention starved Chicken the cat. We could tell even Gia was glad to be home after a wonderful trip. Drew and I knew that we would be exhausted from traveling by the time New Years came around so we decided well in advance to have a low key New Years with the Findleys at our house in Richmond. Stephanie and I made appetizers and had wine, we all went to dinner at a Japanese Steakhouse and finished the night back at our place playing the Findley's Nintendo Wii and watching the ball drop. Good friends, good food, good wine. It was a perfectly relaxing way to end our holiday. Here are some pics of the week or so we spent in the NNK, Alexandria, PA and then Richmond. Our entire holiday album can be found here- http://picasaweb.google.com/amandachristopher1. Enjoy!

























No comments:

Subscribe Now: standard

 Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner