Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Countdowns and the Pope

Drew and I are fixated on countdowns these days with so many big events coming up soon. Here is our current countdown:

7 days until Drew turns 26 and we are again the same age
11 days until Foxfields (horse races in Charlottesville)
19 days until my 1/2 marathon
24 days until Drew graduates with his Masters
26 days until we arrive in the Dominican Republic
45 days until my 5 years college reunion
94 days until I start graduate school
364 days until I graduate with my Masters

I could add about 500 more items to the countdown but I think I'll stop here for now.

This past weekend Drew and I joined the Northern Neck kids for the Strawberry Hill races in Richmond. Much like Foxfields, we reserved a plot along the race track, and dressed up, grilled, played games, drank beer, and spent the day with friends and thousands of other Richmonders, at this yearly tradition. It was a fun day minus the early afternoon thunderstorm that drenched us. Drew was the designated driver for the day so he was in charge of grilling. Drew spent the entire day on Sunday doing yard work which was desperately needed. I stayed inside because pollen is everywhere! While weeding our backyard, Drew came across a plot of dirt that used to be a garden so he fixed it up for me and I plan on planting an herb garden this weekend since I cook with basil on a nearly nightly basis and fresh mint and rosemary is always a hit too.

In running news, I am now up to 8 miles, which is a record for me. I am going to get to 10 before the race and then pray my body and adrenalin will take me an extra 3 on May 5. Other exciting news is that the Pope just landed in the US and will be in DC for the next 2 days. I don't know if I am going to brave the crowds since we were able to have an audience with him while in Italy this past summer. I do love that he is in the US though - he's so adorable in person.

Unfortunately my computer is acting up so I have to postpone posting pics from this weekend. Check back later this week. :)

Amanda

1 comment:

Subscribe Now: standard

 Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner