This past weekend was the Ukrops Monument Avenue 10k which I ran on Saturday morning, along with 29,999 other people! The event is extremely popular in Richmond and takes over the entire city for the weekend. Dad and Kristina came to Richmond on Fri night and woke up very early with Drew to come cheer me on. They were troopers, standing in the pouring rain for over an hour. My running partner Sarah and I finished in just under an hour which was our goal. Since it was a 6.2 mile race, we ran 9:39 min miles. Also, I came in 8,341 place which I guess isn't too bad out of 30,000 people! I think I have been bit by the running bug and plan on continuing this hobby. My next race is a 1/2 marathon (13 miles) on May 4 on the GW parkway where I grew up. I am really looking forward to it. Here are some pictures of the race, lunch afterwards at Hill Street Cafe, and our evening out in the Fan. Thanks dad and Kris for making the trip- it was awesome of you!
Ryan, Dad, Drew and I pre race (8 a.m.)

Runners lined up and ready to start

The winner

Drenched right after the race

Julia and Kris at lunch
Dad and I at lunch
Carri and I in the Fan protecting ourselves from the rain
Drew and I Sat. night
No comments:
Post a Comment