Friday, June 27, 2008

Goodbye June...Hello Summer

Although it has been in the 90's since the beginning of the month, it's only technically been summer since the solstice on June 20th. So, here is what we were up to at the end of Spring...

First weekend of June:

I traveled to Roanoke for my 5th year Hollins reunion where I saw dear friends, professors and spent time on the beautiful Hollins campus. Here are a couple pics. Drew and Gia traveled to the Northern Neck to take Momma J out to dinner for her birthday.




2nd weekend of June:

We spent the entire weekend going through every room in the house collecting items to give to GoodWill or take to the dump. It took the whole weekend and resulted many truckloads of junk gone from our house! We even gave away furniture. I found throwing items into the pit at the dump to be so therapeutic that I accidentally threw away our trash can in the midst of it all - I was on a roll and couldn't be stopped! Drew and a couple of guys at the dump laughed at me. We also made a home recycling center in the laundry room after being frustrated for months that there is no curbside recycling where we live.

3rd weekend of June:

Trip to Hunter's uncles cabin in the woods, on the lake in Lexington, VA. We spent time with friends, including the newly engaged Hunter and Anne soon-to-be Moore!!! It was so relaxing to get away from it all. Gia even took a dip in the lake, in her life jacket of course, and we were shocked to find out she could swim. I've always heard that pugs sink like rocks!

Last weekend:

Billy Joel concert with Stet, Matt, Hunter and Wade in VA beach. We love watching that man preform...he is the best!

This coming weekend we are heading to Scranton to visit the fam. Then, we are off to the North Neck for the next two weekends in the sun! We promise to post more pics soon.
Love, Amanda and Drew

No comments:

Subscribe Now: standard

 Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner