
Happy 4th of July to all! Drew, Gia and I celebrated the 4th this past weekend in White Stone at Mom and Dad C's house. We actually arrived Wednesday evening hoping that by extending the weekend it would make us feel like we went on vacation since there will be no time for that once grad school starts in a week. We were astonished with the progress that had been made on the house! For those that don't know, Mom and Dad C have embarked on a home construction project which is going to completely transform their house on the inside and out. I am really bad at describing these sorts of things so I will have Drew do a blog post about it with pics soon but basically the house is going to be bigger and beautiful. The construction seems to be moving quickly so hopefully we can post some pictures before the whole thing is done.
The weekend was spent for the most part on the water. Drew and I hung out by the pool on Thursday and then joined our friends on Friday and Saturday at Cedars Beach where I am happy to report we got tan! Drew and I are usually the palest people on the beach but the Dominican Republic helped us with a base tan. On Friday night we had a little 4th of July cookout thanks to Mom and Dad C and then watched fireworks on the water with Drew's high school friend Bob and his wife Ashley. We spent time with family on Sat night when the little baby cousins stopped by and also picked crabs for a couple hours and talked politics. Great fun! By Sunday Drew and I felt we had been out in the sun enough and decided to spend the entire day glued to the television watching an amazing Wimbledon match to the very end. I am so glad my Spaniard won! We finished the day with an awesome pasta dish topped with crab meat and love by Momma J. As usual, Drew and I drove home fat and happy, promising ourselves we would work out all week. Of course Drew kept his promise and I haven't seen the inside of a gym yet this week. Gia is the only one who might have actually lost a pound or two. She is on a diet which for the time being means only her dog food. poor girl!
Here are a few pics.
Drew and I watching fireworks





No comments:
Post a Comment